Buildingwise Certifiers – Complying Development Certificates Newcastle
Buildingwise Certifiers issue fast-tracked Complying Development Certificates in Newcastle and surrounding areas for residential class 1 and class 10 developments.
Complying Development Certificates are assessed against NSW Government State Environmental Planning Policy laws that allow Private Certifiers to issue approvals without the need to obtain Council approval.
Complying Development Certificates are a faster, more efficient and less costly process than obtaining DA approval from Council. We can provide approval in as little as days not months.
Once we issue a Complying Development Certificate, we will certify the entire development by inspecting every construction stage of throughout the construction of the development and by issuing an Occupation Certificate at the end of construction. An Occupation Certificate is the final approval that certifies that the development is safe and suitable to occupy.
Types of Development We Can Approve as Complying Development
We can issue Complying Development Certificates for residential construction including:
- New dwellings
- Alterations and additions to a dwelling
- Residential renovations
- Residential extensions
- Garages, carports and sheds
- Pools and cabanas
- Granny flats
- Decks, balconies, and verandahs
Complying Development Certificate Process
- Send us a copy of the plans for your proposed development.
- We will do a preliminary assessment and let you know if:
- It is classed as exempt development and approval is not required,
- If you need to obtain DA approval from Council, or
- If it could pass a complying development test will provide you a quote.
- Once our quote has been accepted and the tax invoice paid, we will conduct a full complying development assessment and let you know of any other requirements such as signing our application form and contract.
- We will issue your Complying Development Certificate once we have received all requirements. Note: a Complying Development Certificate is needed before construction can commence.
- We will inspect each stage of construction (see construction stages below).
- We will issue an Occupation Certificate at the end of construction that your final construction is complete and approved.
Complying Development Certificate Critical Stage Inspections
The stages of constructions that we inspect can include
- Slab – prior to the pouring of concrete, footings – prior to the pouring of concrete,
- Piers – prior to the pouring of concrete,
- Steel Reinforcement – prior to the pouring of concrete,
- Frame Inspection – prior to framework being covered,
- Stormwater – prior to covering up of stormwater system,
- Waterproofing – prior to covering wet areas,
- Pool Barrier – prior to the pool being filled with water,
- Final – prior to occupation of the development or part of the development.
Request A Private Certifier
Please fill out the form below and we will get back to you as soon as possible.