Buildingwise Certifiers – Construction Certificates Newcastle
Buildingwise Certifiers issue Construction Certificates in Newcastle and surrounding areas for residential class 1 and class 10 developments.
After your DA (Development Application) has been approved by Council, we are able to issue a Construction Certificate and be your certifier for the rest of the development.
Once we issue a Construction Certificate, we will certify the entire development by inspecting every construction stage of throughout the construction of the development and by issuing an Occupation Certificate at the end of construction. An Occupation Certificate is the final approval that certifies that the development is safe and suitable to occupy.
Types of Development We Can Approve in a Construction Certificate
We can issue Construction Certificates for residential construction including:
- New dwellings
- Alterations and additions to a dwelling
- Residential renovations
- Residential extensions
- Garages, carports and sheds
- Pools and cabanas
- Granny flats
- Decks, balconies, and verandahs
Construction Certificate Process
- Send us a copy of the plans and DA approval for your proposed development.
- We will provide you with a quote.
- Once our quote has been accepted and the tax invoice paid, we will conduct a full construction certificate assessment and let you know of any other requirements such as signing our application form and contract.
- We will issue your Construction Certificate once we have received all requirements. Note: a Construction Certificate is needed before commencement of construction.
- We will inspect each stage of construction (see construction stages below).
- We will issue an Occupation Certificate at the end of construction that your final construction is complete and approved.
Construction Certificate Critical Stage Inspections
The stages of constructions that we inspect can include
- Slab – prior to the pouring of concrete, footings – prior to the pouring of concrete,
- Piers – prior to the pouring of concrete,
- Steel Reinforcement – prior to the pouring of concrete,
- Frame Inspection – prior to framework being covered,
- Stormwater – prior to covering up of stormwater system,
- Waterproofing – prior to covering wet areas,
- Pool Barrier – prior to the pool being filled with water,
- Final – prior to occupation of the development or part of the development.
Request A Private Certifier
Please fill out the form below and we will get back to you as soon as possible.